HYB: Dry Pollen

  • Subject: HYB: Dry Pollen
  • From: StorYlade@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:49:30 EST

From: StorYlade@aol.com

Jan, if I'm understanding you right, there is still no cure for dry pollen.
There is only help for dry stigmatic lips.  So, although it's much better than
nothing, it's still only half the problem.  When it hot and dry enought here,
sometimes with wind too, we have both dry stigmatic lips and dry pollen.
Sometimes the pollen doesn't develop at all when it's this hot.

Ah, but I'd have tried it the year Orange Star bloomed out with five stalks on
one clump.  I put pollen on all flowers, but it was so dry nothing took.

The idea of moisture (be it rain, water from the hose, or spit from the mouth)
ruining pollen still seems to hold true.

Betty from Kentucky