AIS: climbing on board (was CULT:potting irises)

  • Subject: AIS: climbing on board (was CULT:potting irises)
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 04:47:11 EST

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 2/3/1999 10:47:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bcl@mail2.texnet.net writes:

<< I plan to send my membership application to AIS this week.  I may be the
 first person ever to join before he ever got a bloom on his own iris.  My
 wife Linda and I plan to attend the convention in OKC.  Hope to meet many of
 you there! >>

Lew - you are a person after my own heart!  Not only have you read (and USED)
the information passed around in this forum, but you are embracing your new-
found obsession at breakneck speed!  I like that in a person.

If you find an interest and want to add dimension, there's no better way than
doing all the things you're doing.... join the Society and make plans to
participate!  If nothing else, I figure all the exposure helps me to learn by

A big atta boy and I'll see you in OK.

Kathy Guest in East Aurora, NY who has also obsessed on:
siberian irises:  Member of Society for Siberian Irises
japanese iries:  Member of Society for Japanese Irises
daylilies:  Member of American Hemerocallis Society
hostas:  Member of American Hosta Society
primroses:  Member of American Primrose Society
alpines:  Member of North American Rock Garden Society
variegated plants:  Member of Anything But Green
arisaemas:  Member of Arisaema Society
and I'm probably missing something.....