PCN seed germination question

  • Subject: PCN seed germination question
  • From: "Rodney Barton" <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 08:24:25 -0600

From: "Rodney Barton" <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>

Diana asked:

>I've just finished putting my seeds in pots and am wondering if PCN
>seeds should be put into the fridge? If so for how long?

Diana,=20

PCNs have been shown to germinate best at around 50 deg F. Above 70 deg =
germination is not good.  I do refrigerate them here. Once germination =
begins moving the seedling to warmer temps will accelerate growth.

Rodney
Rodney Barton
rbarton@hsc.unt.edu
Hickory Creek, (North Central) Texas, USA
Zone 7/8, typical temp range 15 - 105 F (-9 - 41 C)
AIS, SIGNA, SPCNI, SLI, Iris-talk

North American Native Iris Web Page:
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html