Re: CULT:potting irises

  • Subject: Re: CULT:potting irises
  • From: IRISROT@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:22:52 EST

From: IRISROT@aol.com

bcl@mail2.texnet.net writes:

>  I plan to send my membership application to AIS this week.  I may be the
>  first person ever to join before he ever got a bloom on his own iris.  My
>  wife Linda and I plan to attend the convention in OKC.  Hope to meet many
of
>  you there!
>
>  Lew Best
>  Waco, TX
>  USDA Zone 8, Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 33

Hi Lew,

Welcome tot he iris world! There will be exciting days and also days you
wonder WHY did i get this involved. But all in all you will meet many
wonderful people that will share their knowledge with you. You will hear
things like TB's rot more today than they use too...that may be true up to a
point but there are more introduced today than in years past. You will hear
others say <grow that little thing> I want the biggest and best so others can
see what I am growing or <grow that?> it has no bud count. Grow what you want
and remember this...have fun!!!! That;'s what gardening is all about. If you
need help I please ask and if I don't have the answer we can send you to
someone that will have the answer. Welcome to the wonderful world of iris!
BTW my wife and I are also going to the AIS convention in Oklahoma City. We
have already made reservations with the hotel.

						Jim Loveland   Fenton, MO
									west of St. Louis