Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 15:01:25 -0400

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

 2 people would prefer more iris
>articles and less business

Amen to that.  Perhaps some well-disposed director could see about changing
the bylaws or constitution or whatever to allow minutes of meetings to be
published separately--as is the case with several societies I belong to.
The minutes can be published on separate sheets to be mailed with the
bulletins more cheaply than they can be included in the Bulletin as an
article (I bet).  For example, the British Arachnological Society has a
Bulletin, which consists of research articles, and a newsletter, which
consists of personalities, minutes, etc.  The latter is published
inexpensively on cheap paper, unbound, and mailed with the bulletin.

However one problem that has persistantly dogged the bulletin is the lack
of articles about irises or any other subject submitted by members.  Get
busy out there and write something!  I've already sent Terry an article,
and challenge all listers to do the same.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943