Re: HYB: Saliva, Poison

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Saliva, Poison
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 14:52:17 PST

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Mike Sutton wrote:
>How about just looking to see if the stigmatic lip is still wet? (-:  A
relatively fresh flower will have a damp (or sticky) lip even in the 85+
degrees we get here in the spring.

85 degrees? That's cool! :-))
I think the difference here is that you have heaps more blooms to choose
from. When I had this problem, I had only 1 or 2 blooms to work with,
the temp was 90's plus, no humidity, just dry and windy. The stigmatic
lip was definitely dry and the saliva method made all the difference.

If the offspring looks exactly like SUPREME SULTAN, I could call it
SPITTING IMAGE??
Cheers, Jan