Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 19:15:56 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Bill Shear wrote:
> Get
> busy out there and write something!  I've already sent Terry an article,
> and challenge all listers to do the same.

This may be hard to believe, as much as I yak onlist, but I find it hard
to imagine that I can write about anything that the general membership
of AIS would want to read.  Well, maybe compared to the minutes of the
business meetings, I could come up with something....  I've written a
few short articles for the Irisarian (Region 7 bulletin), but that's
because I've known editor Julie Allen for years, and she makes me do
it!  Once she tells me what to write about, that makes it easy.

So maybe we could make some suggestions to each other about what might
be nice to see in the Bulletin.

I especially enjoy Anner's tours of the historic irises in her
neighborhood, so that's one suggestion.  Maybe a compilation of more
than one year's tour.  Save that for a winter issue when we are all
starved for spring bloom, so we can travel in our imaginations.
Illustrated with some of the gorgeous pix on Mike Lowe's web page.

Who is the lister who was hybridizing using WABASH or other recessive
amoenas?  A garden tour article of how that's going would be
interesting, with pix of course.

Anybody else have suggestions for specific listers to write about?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA