Re: HYB: Saliva, Poison

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Saliva, Poison
  • From: StorYlade@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 20:38:22 EST

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 2/4/1999 12:11:37 PM Central Standard Time,
jijones@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Personally I have never had any stomach or (as many people would gladly
 testify) speaking or throat problems from iris pollen..... >>

One spring when we were blessed with a very good and long bloom season, I
developed severe problems with my vocal cords about a week after bloom season
began.  I was unable to talk, which some insisted was a blessing.  When I went
into the beds--over an acre--my throat would start to contract.  I'd make a
couple of crosses and head for the house.  There did seem to be a connection.
My voice didn't return until a week or two after the end of bloom season.

I don't remember ingesting any part of an iris, so it was just the pollen in
the air.  I was afraid I had become allergic to irises.

Betty= Kentucky