Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 04:47:11 EST

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 2/4/1999 2:58:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, BILLS@hsc.edu

 However one problem that has persistantly dogged the bulletin is the lack
 of articles about irises or any other subject submitted by members.  Get
 busy out there and write something!  I've already sent Terry an article,
 and challenge all listers to do the same.

May the rhizomes of many irises remain firm in your garden!

My way of saying "atta boy", Bill for stimulating a wonderful discussion!
Terry can only print what he has.... and I love all the ideas that are coming
from this group!

In fact.... I wonder if there couldn't be a section of 'clips' directly from
this robin (which would require someone to harvest some).    But, mainly, I'm
very impressed at the 'can do' attitude of you folks!  It's one thing to
complain ....  it's another thing to say "I know how I can help".  You folks
are beautiful!!!

We have some very talented writers on this list... (I refer you to John I
Jones's Virtual Reception - I was amazed at how creative folks got with
that!), and we have had some pretty free-wheeling discussions and exchanges.
I love the humor, and I also love the discussion on iris borers and possible
'granola' solutions, the theories on rot, the homegrown remedies for dry lips,
dogs and so on, and so on.

Some possible topics for an article (using the archives as a resource) might
be:  Companion Planting

Iris Borers ..  suggestions for creative control

Falling in Love with Irises (for a new person)

Help me out here..... it's very early and my synapses aren't firing yet...

Kathyguest in E. Aurora, NY who will be heading for Pittsburgh later today for
a weekend of wine and laughter with her plant-loving sister and incredibly
gifted nephews..