Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:48:30 -0500

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Mark,

I don't agree.  Everyone has something to contribute.  If you can contribute
to the discussion on this list, you can contribute to the AIS bulletin.

Don't forget that the AIS is made up of members that range from very new to
very experienced.  Sometimes the very new members break new ground by trying
something new that works that the old-timers "know" doesn't work.  For
example:  IBs are infertile.

Besides, the archives would be a great place to collect research material to
do an article.  And if you're not into research, you can rave about your
favourite iris, discuss your ideas for a hybridizing program, rant about
your plague of pests or share your latest brilliant idea, e.g., labels.  You
can write reams or ten sentences -- just don't write a book.

Having said that, I am going to make a firmer commitment to write an article
sometime during the next two years.  All my "extra" time right now is being
spent on writing submissions and making presentations to the Board of
Education to convince them that closing schools in downtown Ottawa in order
to build new schools in the suburbs is short term gain for long term pain.

Maureen Mark
mailto:mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4) -- where puddles of water are freezing just in time
for our winter festival.