Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 11:32:10 -0400

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

>I think I would rather see a few good and informative articles by people who
>really know iris than a whole bunch of stuff by people who don't. More is
>not always better and I think decisions to pad out an issue is not what we
>want from the Editor.

Julia, you are right, of course, and nobody is suggesting padding the
bulletin with worthless articles.  I think we can trust the editor to make
good decisions on what is accepted and what is not.  But like all
publications of its type, the bulletin often lacks anything at all to
choose from.  Even SIGNA (every few issues) consists almost entirely of

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943