Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 11:44:48 -0400

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

>From:	dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)
>>From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
>>>From: HIPSource@aol.com
>>>In a message dated 2/4/99 2:57:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, BILLS@hsc.edu
>>><< However one problem that has persistantly dogged the bulletin is the lack
>>> of articles about irises or any other subject submitted by members.   >>
>>>I do not understand this statement.
>>I do not understand why you do not understand this statement.
>Well I don't understand the original statement either.  Are you trying to
>say that regular people submit articles about irises but for whatever
>reason these articles never get included into the bulletin?  That's quite
>some accusation!

I would think that the meaning of my statement would be clear from the
context of the conversation.  I'm trying to boost the bulletin.  Terry
Aitken has repeatedly said (and so have past editors of the bulletin) that
there are very, very few submissions of articles, and even when they
commission articles they have to hound the prospective authors to get
something from them.  I strongly doubt that any reasonable submission from
an AIS member would not be published in the bulletin.  It might require
editing, cutting, etc., but if you write it, they will print.

Holy cow, folks!

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College