IRC: Record Chat Set

  • Subject: IRC: Record Chat Set
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 17:37:57 -0800

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Last week we had a record number of simultaneous chatters - *19* with a total
of 21 sign-ons.  Jojn us tonight and set a new record...

The IP address for tonight's chat is:

206.133.171.66

The port must be set to 6667 (generally the default)

The chat channel is:

#iris-l        [all lower case]

once you are logged on the server type:

/join #iris-l

Sometimes the IP address changes during the day so remember you can always
find it
at :

http://www.vengers.com/page.htm

Chat information and links are available on my Webpage at:

http://members.home.net/jijones/frichat.htm

Once again, if you need help tonight, I will monitor my email and try to
respond. Or you can call me at 510-795-9723.

*BACKUP SERVER*

Our backup chat server is on the austnet (no longer on the undernet).

To get there just put

us.austnet.org

in the same location that you normally put Vengers IP address.

(if you want a more specific server, the name list is available at the
address below:)

http://www.austnet.org/servers/index.html

Just put the name in the same location that you normally put Vengers IP
address. Or just type:

/server (server name)

e.g.:

/server sound.mo.us.austnet.org

try port 6665 or 6666 before trying 6667. Sometimes it takes me 1 or 2 tries
to get on. I think austnet will be less busy than the undernet.

The name of the chat channel is the same - #iris-l (all lower case.)

Look forward to chatting with you.

[...]

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones