Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 06:29:36 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Patti asked:
> Linda, do you have to know someone who can MAKE you do an article?  If
> not I suppose we could send a hit person to threaten bodily harm if you
> do not do an article?  That would even make a story:  Attacked by Iris
> hit person, I can see the banner now!

I do respond pretty well to guilt <G>.  Also to being told that I'm
wrong about something <BIG G>.

Actually I find it more than a bit intimidating to think of writing an
article about hybridizing or the performance of historic irises for a
publication that runs articles by the likes of Ben Hager, Lloyd Z, and
others who have been studying the topic for a lifetime, when all I have
to offer is the good fortune of a lousy place to grow irises. :)  It's
one thing to make wild speculations in this discussion forum; quite
another to write an article for publication about such stuff.

Scott Aitken - are you there?  I would be more comfortable writing an
article about something with some feedback from your Dad on 'yes, that
sounds like a suitable topic' before going to the work and trauma of
writing something.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
first 'wild' daffodils, I. danfordiae, I. reticulata opened yesterday.
Latest blooming species crocuses in full bloom.  Frogs chorusing like