Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 06:19:27 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Sidney, I LOVE this idea!!!

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
where the winter rollercoaster has slowed to a gentle undulation and we
gardeners are really worried about payback time...

> How does one go about finding information on older irises that where
> prevalent in different areas of the country? Does the AIS keep record of
> show winners back in the 40's and 50's?

Or maybe popularity poll winners - the top 20 or at least the top 10.
That would be a big help in tracking pedigrees to figure out what is
likely to do well in a particular region.  Maybe include the top ones
from the 30s as well.  A LOT of work to track down by regions & not very
meaningful at the national level.