AB: GRIZZLED OLD WARRIOR

  • Subject: AB: GRIZZLED OLD WARRIOR
  • From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 16:56:33 -0500

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Dennis Kramb wrote:

>  Yes, you must!!  That would be ADORABLE!  :)
>
>  You know, that in itself would be a worthy AIS (or ASI) article.
Stories
>  and photos of the iris/aril and the person/pet they're named after.  :)

LOL.  I've taken a bit of ribbing because it's easier to find published
photos of my pets than of me.

Fred, the St. Bernard, is on page 22 of the 1985 ASI YB.  He's "helping" my
neighbor prepare a new iris bed.  Yes, she has an iris named after her, but
that came later.....

Fuzzer, the Grizzled Old Warrior's predecessor, is pictured on page 23 of
the same YB.  Included for perspective in an illustration of a sunken bed.
He came close to getting an iris named for him, but so far none of my
blue-bearded white arilbreds have been good enough to introduce.

On page 46 of the same YB, however, you will find a picture of me.  Well,
at least of half of my left hand.....

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com