Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: "Julia Rankin" <breckenridge@bnis.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 14:46:58 -0800

From: "Julia Rankin" <breckenridge@bnis.net>

It is not considered ethical for an author to make what are called
"simultaneous submissions", I.e. to offer the same piece to severa different
obligations at once, without letting the editors know. It is embarrassing,
in a way, for a publication to come out with something and then find that
some one else has it first -- or also has it.

Also, even when the piece isnnot be paid for it is considered wrong to offer
teh same or similar rights to different publications at the same time.

Julia
So. Calif.
SZ 1-3