REF: Old Book

  • Subject: REF: Old Book
  • From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 18:57:54 -0500

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

Just bought a Iris book at a flea market. $3.00. " IRIS For Every Garden "
by Sydney B. Mitchell. Have just looked through it . Written in 1949,
updated in 1960 with new color plates. The Plates are 3/12" x 4 1/2"
Pictures of individual blooms. here is the list;
	Bazaar			Limelight
	Bluebeard		Blue Sapphire
	Violet Harmony		Mystic Melody
	Frances Kent
	Golden Sunshine
	Happy Birthday
	Lady Mohr
	Argus Pheasant
	Caroline Jane

Japanese   Ivory Glow
	     Swirling Waves
	     Orchid Majesty
	     Gold Bound

Any History on this one?   Did Mr Mitchell introduce any.  The forward is
by Frederick Cassebeer.

Made a nice day, even if I had to spend 2 hours because we ran over a nail
and had to get the tire patched. Also met a fellow iris grower that just
got a computer. I am going to try to get her on list. Even if she is from
Williamstown, Ky <G> I met her husband last summer at the flea market.

Two Iris books in the Library now.

Michael D. Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
AIS MVIS