OT-Plants: Hostas in Kentucky.

  • Subject: OT-Plants: Hostas in Kentucky.
  • From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 20:45:58 -0500

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

StorYlade@aol.com wrote:
> I've never grown Hostas.  They will be in the shade, at the base of
>trees, commingled with red and white impatiens.  Do Hostas need special
>care of any kind?  (I don't trust the box instructions.)

     I formerly lived in Lexington, KY and had no problems at all with
Hosta.  Sometimes, something ate a few holes in the leaves, but I never
did have to treat them.  The Hostas performed wonderfully there, and
should do equally well in Bowling Green.  After a season or two, there
will not be any room for the Impatiens.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.	[Low 43 F, High 80 F]