Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Diana Winship <mikesmom@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 00:55:08 -0600

From: Diana Winship <mikesmom@ix.netcom.com>

Anybody else have suggestions for specific listers to write about?

In being part of the Dallas 2000 Convention, I would like to see
articles about the conventions that have come & gone in regards to what
went on behind the scenes.

For clubs that have thought about it, but felt it would be too much to
take on, it would be beneficial for them, and for the upcoming groups,
it would be insightful and informative as to what was done that could
have been done easier.

In going to the Past & Future Conventions meeting held every year at the
current convention, you get good advice. However, only those directly
involved usually go. I think everyone would be surprised at everything
that has to be done so far in advance, not only for the gardens, hotel,
buses, but, all the little things such as the receiving of guest irises,
getting the gardens ready for planting, the planting, and everything
else from start to finish.

Short articles from involved members and the other clubs out of town
that while aren't the "official" hosts, are nonetheless very much
involved with helping weed, bake refreshments, and host in an adopted
garden during the convention would be very interesting. Those of us who
are involved put in a lot of quiet time, and until others become aware
of it, they go very much unnoticed. I give all of these hard working
people a large round of THANKS for making the conventions I've been to a
wonderful event!

Off my soap box now . . . .
Diana Winship
Richardson, Tx - where we've had such spring like weather, that the
daffodils have already started blooming in profusion.