Re: Books -Louisiana

  • Subject: Re: Books -Louisiana
  • From: "heather & bernard pryor" <irishaven@pip.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 19:14:55 +1000

On 6.2.99 Debby Wheeler wrote:

Just wanted to let you know there is a new version of the Louisiana book coming out. I had an email conversation with Kevin Vaughn on the first of this month and he said the manuscript has just been sent to Timber Press,  the publisher. He  has seen it and was involved in writing it along with Australian growers. He anticipates late fall '99 or early winter publication date. They plan a signing party at the Dallas AIS Convention. He is very excited about it!
Debby Wheeler Foxbrook Iris Farm Colrain, Ma.01340 Zone 5

Dear Debby,

I believe that Bernard and I are "the Australian growers" that our friend Kevin Vaughn was referring to in his message to you.

Both Kevin, Farron Campbell and Marie Cailett have been working at fever pitch over January (and for many months before hand) to meet the 1st February deadline for all text set by Timber Press.  I know that this has included several meetings plus days and days of viewing slides etc.  All unpaid time done "for the love of Iris" so that we can all enjoy another new and exciting book on Iris, and especially our favourites, the Louisiana Iris.

Bernard and I are also coming to the 2000 Dallas Convention so that we can get our copies signed at the "signing party".  If we can make the trip from the Land of Oz, some 15,000 plus miles away, I am sure that many others can make the trip too.

The preparation of this updated Louisiana book is a great example of folk from all over working together for the common goal and for the love of Iris.  This is something which Bernard and I are particularly proud to have been included in.  See you in Dallas!

Heather Pryor
Sydney.  Australia