Re: OT: HIPS Membership Services

  • Subject: Re: OT: HIPS Membership Services
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:22:12 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 2/7/99 8:47:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, hirundo@tricon.net

<< April 17, 1998  HIPS, subj. Dues triennial: $12.00 The bank statement
revealed it was cashed on May 7, 1998. I have the kind of bank account that
does not return checks. I can have a copy sent, but it costs me money to do
so. Is HIPS prepared to reimburse me in order to see incontrovertible evidence
that they messed up, or are you  willing to take my word, based on (if nothing
else) that I would have
 neither the motive nor the imagination to come up with such a tale for $12?
 I'll carbon this to your treasurer. >>

Mr. Brooks, since this regrettably went to the list I feel I must answer on
the list.

It is not for me as Commercial Source Chairman to say what supporting
documentation Ms. Meyer, HIPS Treasurer, will deem sufficient to reinstate
your membership. I support your decision to communicate with the Treasurer
directly. Your decision to call the problem to the attention of the person
best in a position to resolve it is entirely to be commended.

Anner M. Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society,AIS