AD: Iris Haven & LSG Update.

  • Subject: AD: Iris Haven & LSG Update.
  • From: "heather & bernard pryor" <irishaven@pip.com.au>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 13:32:53 +1000

8th February, 1999
Dear Iris friends,
Following on from the posting made recently by the the AIS Secretary, Ruth Simmons, I am pleased to advise that the business relationship that existed between Mr. Farron Campbell of LONE STAR IRIS GARDENS in Dallas, Texas and ourselves will be continuing in 1999.
The terrible personal and gardening problems that Farron has encountered over the last few months have been difficult for him, to say the least.  However, because of our longstanding friendship, we have encouraged him to continue on as our agent to the United States and Canada in 1999.  We are hopeful that we will set an example to others by publically continuing to support our friend and hope that those who love Louisiana Iris as much as we do will be pleased to learn more of our arrangements to ensure that IRIS HAVEN new introductions continue to arrive in the United States and Canada.
To assist Farron during his busy work commitement periods in 1999 I am pleased to advise that the system for ordering the Pryor Iris introduced into the United States and Canada by LONE STAR IRIS GARDEN will be amended slightly in 1999.
You can order any of the Pryor NEW INTRODUCTIONS for 1999 (and any other IRIS HAVEN Pryor releases listed by LONE STAR IRIS GARDENS) directly with IRIS HAVEN as well as through LONE STAR in 1999.
This will reduce the day-to-day commitments for Farron, and will allow us to managed the ordering of our new releases directly with our customers.
All orders will need to be accompanied by credit card payment details for payment.  Credit Cards will NOT BE DEBITED until the orders are ready to be shipped.  This will occur in July, 1999 with the final date for ordering being 30th June, 1999.  The majority of the iris will then be dug in Australia and shipped to LONE STAR in Dallas for distribution vis US courier services.  The Pryor varieties that are still growing well in Texas will be included in supply as well.
Further details will be provided to those who order from us.
We believe that this system of supply will provide our customers with plants of excellent quality and allow Farron to fulfil his personal and work-related commitements safe in the knowledge that all LONE STAR and IRIS HAVEN customers will be well served.
You now have two places to which you can make enquiries about our new introductions.
Should you require any further information, as always, you are more than welcome to contact us directly by email:
Our current website details are already in the throes of upgrading to take into account the interest for our introductions that have already been generated in the USA and Canada.  We envisage that our updated website will be available for viewing by the end of February, early March, 1999.  In the meantime, please feel free to inspect our current website at:
Yours most sincerely,
Heather & Bernard Pryor