Re: AIS: Bulletin Content

  • Subject: Re: AIS: Bulletin Content
  • From: Diana Winship <mikesmom@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 00:38:02 -0600

From: Diana Winship <mikesmom@ix.netcom.com>

I would like to see articles about the conventions that have come &
gone in regards to what went on behind the scenes.

James Brooks wrote:
I believe you are right on point here. The reason reportage of
conventions and board meetings is considered boring by the overwhelming
majority of the membership is that these articles (and I'm speaking here
of all organizations: Elks Clubs to ornithological societies), are
written to please board members and convention hosts.

I'm not wishing to please board members so much as to pleasing everyone
with articles or "stories" of what went on in the gardens while getting
ready. i.e. funny and/or interesting things such as "a sink hole right
in the middle of one of the Dallas convention gardens.

I would be willing to bet there are a lot of other comical mishaps and
fortunate conclusions in the past that most of us would find interesting
to relate to.

Diana Winship
Richardson, Tx - where at this rate, I'll have irises blooming before
the end of February.