HIST:CAT: New Information On HIPS Page

  • Subject: HIST:CAT: New Information On HIPS Page
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:35:33 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Greetings,

For your delight and convenience, the 1999 list of HIPS Commercial Sources has
been posted to the HIPS page at http://www.worldiris.com/. All of the
information in the listing is current, and has been supplied by the nurseries
themselves.We encourage you to support those nurseries which support HIPS.

There is other new information on the page from HIPSource, including portions
of the  newsletter we produce for the sources, with new photos, as well as
some broad general guidelines for the use of irises in period gardens. We hope
to expand this feature in future, with some guidelines for different periods,
but anyone thinking about incorporating historic irises of any kind into an
authentic setting may wish to take a look at this basic information.

While you are at the page, please take a moment to drop Mike a note. We call
it our HIPS page, and it is, but Mike Lowe designed it and maintains it, and
he supports it in every sense of the word.

Keep them blooming!

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society,AIS