HIST:CAT:Places to buy old irises

  • Subject: HIST:CAT:Places to buy old irises
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:19:33 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 2/8/99 10:08:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, myoung@kcweb.net
writes:

<< I know I have one from the house I grew up in.  Anyway, I have some
catalogs that belonged to my grandma from 1970 and 1966 and she has marked
different ones and I am tring to find some of them.  I am just starting this
search and I have not been able to find catalogs like the ones that I have
that was hers. Does anyone know somewhere where I can purchase some irises.

Hi, Mary!

Yes, certainly we can help, and I'm just the girl to do it. Send me some names
of the irises you are looking for. I'm the person that makes referrals for
commercial sources of irises thirty or more years old for the Historic Iris
Preservation Society. Just mail me some more information privately to my own
address at:

HIPSource@aol.com

and I'll see what HIPS can do for you. We can't find everything, but we help
people everyday with exactly this sort of question, and we are happy to do so!

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman