TB: CULTURE: Born to Exceed

  • Subject: TB: CULTURE: Born to Exceed
  • From: StorYlade@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:37:13 EST

From: StorYlade@aol.com

Hi All,

I was looking out my window at the iris bed, trying to visualize spring into
existence!  I like to call the room my office, but a friend laughs at me!??
There's nothing in here but records and books and the computer!  And I might
add that the room is FULL.

But I digress.  The reason for this post is "Born to Exceed" by Roger Nelson
This thing grows like a weed in this part of the country.  I saw it growing in
the iris garden of a friend in the spring of 97.  The clump was huge and in
full bloom. I was given a small clump.  I put the clump in a pot (Mum pots--6
inches I think).

During the summer of 98, the pot became distorted with the growth of BTE.  I
knew I was moving so I repotted the clump into 3 pots.  I might add that there
were 15 or more plants.  The contents of the three pots were set into my new
garden as three clumps.

Did I mention that the color pattern is very close to being one of my
favorites?  Actually, Proud Tradition is my favorite.  The colors are much
cleaner on PT with more contrast between standards and falls--which I like.
Unfortunately, PT doesn't grow nearly as well as BTE.  Roger named the iris

Betty from Kentucky where it is getting warm earlier today.  Hurrah!