[iris talk] OT-PLANTS=Hostas

  • Subject: [iris talk] OT-PLANTS=Hostas
  • From: StorYlade@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:21:36 EST

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 2/8/1999 9:43:35 AM Central Standard Time, MARKM@tc.gc.ca

<< And a hosta addiction is more expensive than iris.

Thanks for the warning!  I wasn't interested in hostas until I moved to this
small spot that has three large trees in front with seriously exposed roots.
I had left over soil from the new iris beds and three landscaping circles left
over from the earlier iris days.  There's no space for an addiction to take
hold.  Famous last words!

My iris addiction is still firmly in place, but I do like to have something in
bloom from spring through fall frost.  With such a small space, I challenge
myself to keep it filled with color without making the irises too angry!  LOL

Betty in Kentucky.