OT:Hips membership services/apology

  • Subject: OT:Hips membership services/apology
  • From: "Martha Brown" <mbrown@pldi.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:24:01 -0600

From: "Martha Brown" <mbrown@pldi.net>

M Brown
NW Oklahoma, USA
USDA Zone 6b,  Sunset Zone 35

:    From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>
: Subject: Re: OT: HIPS Membership Services
:
: My most humble apologies for sending this personal e-mail to the list. My
: browser said it was being returned to HIPSource.
: Lesson learned is never to hit the return button for anything you don't
: want going to the list.
: My regrets for any embarrassment this may have caused.
James;

I commend you for your prompt apology for your error in posting a private
message to the list.

 	Years ago my employer came in one day a bit upset about an error that had
happened at my place of employment.  He demanded to know who had made the
error.  One of my co-workers immediately denied doing so repeatedly.  My
employer finally replied to her with the following:

Kay, I know you didn't do this because first you have to do something in
order to do it wrong.

This has been a lifelong lesson to me to not sit in judgment of others
errors.  Because one who never makes an error it is probably not doing
anything anyway.  And one who promptly confesses and apologizes is truly a
person of integrity.

Martha
M Brown
NW Oklahoma, USA