OT-HUMOR-The white crested tag puller

  • Subject: OT-HUMOR-The white crested tag puller
  • From: StorYlade@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:44:13 EST

From: StorYlade@aol.com

	Late yesterday afternoon, I saw evidence of the work of a white crested tag
puller, but I didn't have time to investigate.  This morning I looked out my
‘office' window, and, sure enough, there's a pile of tags in one corner of my
iris bed.  The welcome mat to my front door is also missing, leaving no
question in my mind that this is truly the work of a specific two-year-old
white crested tag puller.
	This poor darling is missing a mother hen.  His was no homing pigeon—she flew
off into the wild blue yonder, never to return.  The two-year-old tag puller
is nesting with the rooster of the family, who is giving it his best, but was
obviously short changed on temper.  A Bantam species, perhaps!  Shrieks in my
front yard yesterday afternoon were intermittenly and sounded suspiciously
like Aleeeeeeeex!  Aleeeeeeex!
	Thank goodness--I have a good map of the bed.  For a short term answer, I
will remove all tags with hopes of returning them in April.  However, I see
foreshadowing of serious problems in that iris bed over the next couple of
years.  Irises and the ‘terrible twos' are a serious conflict of interest.  As
any mother, who has tried to accomplish anything during this time, can testify
to—the hands are full.

Betty from Bowling Green, KY