Re: OT: PLANTS - Hostas

  • Subject: Re: OT: PLANTS - Hostas
  • From: StorYlade@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:02:19 EST

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 2/9/1999 7:58:31 AM Central Standard Time, liddiard@esn.net

<< Personally I'd like to rip them all out to make more room for my iris.
They just multiply to quickly in my area. >>

My plan was to create a rather  carefree area around the three trees that
would look 'decent' while freeing up my time for my obcession--irises.  The
plan calls for verigated (my favorite) hostas around the trees on each end and
english ivy around the middle one.  They will be interplanted with red and
white impatiens each spring so long as space for them is available.  I brought
my collection of park benches, glider, and concrete table from the old place.
Out there, they were scattered over two acres as 'rest' stops, but they create
a close and restful appearance here.

Sorry, I missed out on the 'hosta giveaway', but I hadn't decided on what I
wanted to do with the tree rings--and, of course, I wasn't on the list then.
Thanks for the thought.

Betty from Bowling Green