CULT: Mulch

From: StorYlade@aol.com

Sorry folks.  I switched my search to alfalfa pellets and found a wealth of
information in the archives.  One listing from Chris H. included a reprint of
an article done by Terry Varner from which I've taken an excerpt (below).  I
think it explains why a doctor friend has told me to start using alfalfa
sprouts in my salad. The seed are so tiny!

What about molasses in the rabbit food?  For the iris!

Other benefits of
 alfalfa: very high in vitamin A plus Thiamine, Riboflavin, Pantothenic
 Acid, Niacin, Pyridoxine, Choline, Proline, Bentaine, Folic Acid, plus
 N-P-K-Ca, Mg and other valuable minerals, also included are the sugars and
 starches, proteins, fibre,plus co-enzymes and 16 amino acids. How could
 your soil not respond to such a delicious meal? We recommend a handful per
 plant or sprinkle lightly down the row. Alfalfa meal or pellets are
 excellent to add to your compost pile. Make a tea and spray the liquid as
 a foliar feed while adding the remaining wet alfalfa to the soil. Fifty
 pounds of alfalfa meal or pellets will feed 1,000-2,000 square feet.
 Alfalfa Tea; Fill a five gallon bucket with water, add two pounds of
  alfalfa pellets/ meal. Let sit overnight. The result will be a thick tea.
 Use as explained above.   >>>>>>>>>>>>

Betty from Bowling Green KY