OT: wintry weather?

  • Subject: OT: wintry weather?
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:48:33 -0500

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	I just returned after a brief hiatus from the iris-talk. After
	reading this from Linda Mann today, I had to respond:

>in spite of reaching the low 70s during the day, it's still frosting at
>night, so maybe these plants will be a little less shocked by the
>weekend freeze than they were the last two times.

	Gads, the 70s are our July-August temps....we had a low yesterday
	of -11 F and a high of 24 F. We have never lost our snow cover
	and the irises are still sleeping under their white blankets.

	Granted, we are having a mild winter with very few days going down
	into the -30 F range. Quite a few about -15 to -25 F. Wind is fierce
	this year making it seem much colder.

	Anyway, not a Zone 3 winter for sure. We would qualify for a Zone
	4 or 5 so far...a lot of cold days still to come.