CAT:REB: Ads and Rebloomers

  • Subject: CAT:REB: Ads and Rebloomers
  • From: HIPSource@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:21:45 EST

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 2/9/99 6:00:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, RYFigge@aol.com

<< Now what I wanted to add, the REBLOOMING RECORDER 's Editor Kathy Guest is
getting the SPRING edition ready, but there is still time to get your ad in if
 you hurry.  Probably only rebloomer commercial garden people will be
 interested, but we don't discriminate, after all, we do grow other irises
 tho our first love are the rebloomers!  >>

And I might add that the demand for rebloomers among general gardeners is
apparently growing by leaps and bounds. I just got a catalog in from
Friendship Gardens in Gettysburg, PA, and in the letter from Joan and Ken
Roberts in the front they mention incredible demand based on national press
attention last year. This means that there will be increased demand on
available stocks of rebloomers from within and without AIS. Even if you offer
a smaller number of rebloomers than some other people, it may very well pay
you to bring your nursery to the attention of readers of the Recorder. As the
Roberts say "There is not an inexhausible supply of reblooming irises...."

Oh, the cover of the Friendship Catalog is graced by Clarence's gawjus new
white rebloomer, UNCHAINED MELODY (Mahan '99). They also introduce Lloyd's
things and those of John Weiler and the late Jane McKnew, who gave us ROSALIE

I guess I should mention the particulars:

Friendship Gardens
341 Schwartz Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325-8622
Catalog: $2.00