Re: CULT: Mulch

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Mulch
  • From: starlord@QNET.COM (Slc.Dennis Bishop)
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:21:12 -0800 (PST)

From: starlord@QNET.COM (Slc.Dennis Bishop)

>From: RYFigge@aol.com
>
>farm supply store should have it, especiallyh in horse country.
>Now it is time for me to eat dinner and watch WHEEL of FORTUNE .  The only 2
>TV shows  I really like -  Rosalie nr Baltimore    zone 7     ryfigge@aol.com

 Well, I checked at the local feed shop here in Rosamond (only
have one) and all of their alfafa had corn and other stuff mixed
in and if I were to use them, every ant within 10 miles would be
in my yard, plus on my fixed income I couldn't afford them! BUT!
as I've slowly been putting my iris in pots (aKa:Pots = anything
I can find that'll hold potting soil and I can put drain holes
in), I've been making MY own mix of alfafa tea using lose hay
that I get from the feed shop for free. This mix of teas I've
started using on my plants and bottlingup too. The hay that is
left over I've been laying down on the ground and slowly covering
it up with other soil from the desert around. Plus as I can clear
away one area next to my trailer under a cover with cement slab,
there, I'm going to start composting the used hay too, have it
ready for next spring too.

|470 20th ST West #23    | Japanese  Bobtails | Dahlia-net          |
|Rosamond,Ca.93560       | Home Rasied JBT's  | Canna-net           |
|starlord@qnet.com       |                    | Astronomy/SIAR-L    |