Re: OT:Rebloomers

  • Subject: Re: OT:Rebloomers
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:38:28 EST

From: RYFigge@aol.com

<< grow some real beauties that reward you a
 second time!
 Are you sure I won't get tired of them having them bloom twice a year. I
 like the idea of waiting a year to see them bloom. The anticipation is pa >>

This repartee is from Michael Greenfield and it really was a shock to my iris
soul.   I fainted dead away at such heresy  Tut-tut!  How could anyone become
bored with seeing beauty!  Oh, Mike -- how about roses that bloom constantly
and all the other glories of nature. My anticipation for  rebloom !?!  I
always hope that realization is better than the anticipation -- I think, maybe
you need to check on what does rebloom well in your zone area - there is
nothing like success to help in conversion -  you are a challenge -  I'll have
to work on that - I'm a rebloomer missionary!  Of course, democracy  gives the
right for everyone's differences of opinion (except  for reblooming irises -
tongue in cheek, and I hope that is what you are doing!)  Oh, well, as I told
my children after their misdemeanors - I still loved them!      All kidding
aside - you will enjoy - and relate to - an article in the next RECORDER,
written by Dr. Epperson of Region 4.  He was another Philistine - is that the
comparison I want for disbeliever?  Rosalie nr Baltimore    zone 7