OT-BIO Mary Young

  • Subject: OT-BIO Mary Young
  • From: "Mary Young" <myoung@kcweb.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:42:16 -0600

I should have sent this earlier.  But I hate to say that I did not read the information sheet before I sent my first emails.  Sorry!!!!!
I have always loved iris.  My grandma - Maggie Crawford grew them and my mom says that she had them all (TB I think).  She tells me she would buy all the new ones that would come out.  Mom says they cost about $25 and that was a lot back then.  We always had them growing in are yard when I was growing up.  Iris is the flower that I used in my wedding.
When I bought my first house, I started buying iris from the stores.  I even went back to my parents old house to get some of my grandmas old ones.  I have a garden just for irises and it is not full.  This year is the first year that I am not working outside the house because I am taking care of my 14 month old boy - Andrew William Lee Young (Drew for short).  I plan to work in my garden this year while he plays outside(I hope ).  I plan to put in some of the irises that grandma has and after reading some of the mails from iris take I would also like to put in some rebloomers(REB).  The thought of seeing them bloom more often is very exciting.  Any help that you may have on REB that grow good in MO(zone 5-I think) would be great.
I am new at all of this and I am just now  getting started.  I do not know much.  I did learn about the alfalfa mulch from some mails.  If there are other things that I should do please let me know.  How often to split? etc.
I plan to join HIPS.  I also looked up local iris info for MO but I did not know which one is the closest to Independence.
Well I think I went on long enough.  Sorry my mail is so long.  I really enjoy reading everyone's  mails.
The form I am sending this email on is in Micosoft Outlook 1998. It is their stationery.