Re: CULT: Insects...now leaf Spot

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Insects...now leaf Spot
  • From: "BOB & LESLIE LIDDIARD" <liddiard@esn.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:42:31 -0500

From:  Leslie Liddiard  <Liddiard@esn.net>
On 1/27/99 I posted that I had found insects on my TB's (little white insects attached to the fans).  There were so many folks that offered their advice as to what this might be, I thought I'd share what I found out from the local County Extension Service agent today.
I had cut a few of the fans and took them to him to look at.  He has advised that it is scale.  Easily enough to get rid of, he says.  That's the good part!  The bad part is that my iris also have Leaf Spot.  He recommended that I spray with Daconil and that is what I intend to do tomorrow.
I appreciate everyone's on this subject ad just wanted to let you know the results.  Thanks for all of your input.
Leslie Liddiard
Goldsboro, NC
AIS  Zone 8