Re: OT:Rebloomers

  • Subject: Re: OT:Rebloomers
  • From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:53:25 -0500

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

From Rosale F.

> This repartee is from Michael Greenfield and it really was a shock to my
iris
> soul.   I fainted dead away at such heresy  Tut-tut!  How could anyone
become
> bored with seeing beauty!  Oh, Mike -- how about roses that bloom
constantly
> and all the other glories of nature. My anticipation for  rebloom !?!  I
> always hope that realization is better than the anticipation -- I think,
maybe
> you need to check on what does rebloom well in your zone area - there is
> nothing like success to help in conversion -  you are a challenge -  I'll
have
> to work on that - I'm a rebloomer missionary!  Of course, democracy
gives the
> right for everyone's differences of opinion (except  for reblooming
irises -
> tongue in cheek, and I hope that is what you are doing!)  Oh, well, as I
told
> my children after their misdemeanors - I still loved them!      All
kidding
> aside - you will enjoy - and relate to - an article in the next RECORDER,
> written by Dr. Epperson of Region 4.  He was another Philistine - is that
the
> comparison I want for disbeliever?  Rosalie nr Baltimore    zone 7
> ryfigge@aol.com

I hated to Shock you, but you misunderstood. I love flowers and I love
there beauty. Everything has its place and priorities.( > bored with seeing
beauty!  Oh, Mike -- how about roses that bloom constantly) Dug them up and
gave them away. Planted more iris. Japanese Beatles kept them stripped
(roses) too much chemicals to fight them.

Now I know you have been to a Commercial Iris Garden. Isn't it overwelming
to look at all those iris at once? Beautifull Yes?  Tell me the truth which
is prettier All those iris blooms or just one iris bloom close up. Quanity
is not allways better. Rarity adds to beauty. An iris that blooms like an
Impatiant would soon bore me. So would a gallon of icecream every day and I
LIKE icecream. I would grow them but I would not enjoy them like I do now.

Give me time I have a few now  100 iris is my limit. Not as young and spry
as you. That is about all the room and time I have to give to them.

Wan't me to send you a picture of my first rebloomer.

Michael D. Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
SW Ohio Zone 5b
AIS MVIS