Re: AIS: joining sections

  • Subject: Re: AIS: joining sections
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 05:17:54 EST

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 2/11/1999 8:36:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
enabling@earthlink.net writes:

<< Question:  are there separate email groups somewhere for dwarf
 and/or species iris?>>

Not that I'm aware of.... but besides for that, posting your questions to the
main list will help to teach the rest of us about the various types and sizes
of irises.  I think most of us grow all types....  and I know of at least one
median iris hybridizing couple on this list (the Willotts).

<<  Am looking
 forward to getting my first newsletters from those two groups.
 Have been wondering if I really need to join AIS as well? >>

Yes, you should join AIS.  AIS is like this list... it encompasses all types
of irises and there is something for everyone within its pages.  And beyond
that, it's generally a prerequisite for joining a section that you belong to
AIS first, although I doubt anyone will demand to see your card <BG>.

But most important, AIS can teach you about gardening techniques, among other
things - so it's my own recommendation that anyone who is truly interested in
learning will enjoy their membership in the American Iris Society.

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY