Re: REB - west coast

  • Subject: Re: REB - west coast
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:56:06 -0500

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Mike Sutton wrote:

>We have had reports from all over the world (including Siberia) of our
>iris      >reblooming.&nbsp; Not just the first year but in successive
>years, so the      >rebloom wasn't set in our garden.&nbsp; From zone 3 to
>zone 10.

	Say it is so again, Mike....I have had only IMMORTALITY rebloom
	here in Zone 3a and the two stalks had to be cut for an impending
	frost the beginning of Sept. Only one flower opened in the house. :(

	I have had rebloom in Aug. of SDBs and MDBs and some Siberians and
	a few Japanese irises. I do have so-called TB rebloomers like
	CLARENCE, CANTINA and TOTAL RECALL, etc. but they sure don't like
	to rebloom here in the cool mountains.

	If you have a list of named TB cultivars that have successfully
	rebloomed in Zone 3, please send it along to me. Sign me
	salivating in anticipation. Oh, Siberia gets as cold as we do but
	we generally have an earlier frost. Hmmmmm.