Re: REB - west coast

  • Subject: Re: REB - west coast
  • From: "John Bruce" <jbruce@infinet.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:44:13 -0500

From: "John Bruce" <jbruce@infinet.com>

    Mike Sutton Wrote:

        >Ok all you biased people! :-)  We have had reports from all over the world (including
Siberia) of our iris >reblooming.  Not just the first year but in successive years, so the
rebloom wasn't set in our garden.  >From zone 3 to zone 10.

        Sorry for leaving Sutton's rebloomers off my list. The ones I got last year actually
outdid the homegrown varieties. Honey Scoop, Golden Immortal, September Frost and Three Seasons
ALL bloomed in late September for me, and while the bloomstalks were shorter, the blooms were
well spaced. If this becomes consistent after they reside here a few years, I may hve to retire
        John Bruce   jbruce@infinet.com
        President, Miami Valley Iris Society
        AIS Region 6 - SSI - HIPS
        SW OH Zone 5 / Sunset Zone 35