Re: SPEC: Dietes robinsoniana

From: Dianne Dalla Santa <dalla@apollo.ruralnet.net.au>

Hi Heather and Bernard

Well the rain has caused some major losses around the district....isn't
always the way just when we looked having an excellent crop at improved
prices....dashed away with one inch of rain at the wrong time. We now need
a good stiff breeze to blow the vines dry so the damaged fruit doesn't rot.

My request for the Lord Howe iris came about because I responded to a
request for same on the  Oz Garden forum where I look out for "irisey"
posts.  I have got to "talk" to a few different folks re irises and roses
etc. The lady searching for it actually has a Sydney address. I have given
her Gary Reid and Robyn Rorhlachs (privately) as likely sources however may
I suggest IRIS HAVEN also. Or better still here is her address. Deidre
Mowat deirdrem@expertech.com.au

She speaks highly of LA's so she might be a prospective client.

And, yes please, I'd love a piece too when you have time. Let me know the

There is still an odd phone call from non iris society folks still reading
convention stuff in last years garden magazines with all sorts of iris
queries. The publicity is ongoing it seems.  The last one, from Adelaide,
wanted suppliers of Dutch iris bulbs and so I emailed her a list of
nurseries plus info on joining the SAIS.

The yearbook stuff is held up now with last couple of articles not
materializing.....I'll make a couple of calls today and stir things up.