Joe Pye Weed

From: Irisborer@aol.com

I got my very first iris catalog and what a treat it is!  Folks, I give you
Joe Pye Weed's Garden.... in technicolor!  This catalog, which is usually a
price list with vivid descriptions, is now proving those descriptions to be
pale in comparison to the real thing.  Check out BANISH MISFORTUNE, which
should find a snug home at the stately Guest Manor... right next to DANDY'S
HORNPIPE.    The former has lavender standards with a creamy fall, deeply
veined and the latter is a compelling and unique color they are calling
"sunset" (a good description too).

 There is a SILVER ILLUSION offspring (a wonderful siberian that most folks
can't grow) that is crossed with SNOW PRINCE (a wonderful siberian that most
folks can't stop from growing).

To tell you the truth... I just tore the envelope open and was so taken that I
have not even really read it.  Better get my glass of wine.... and my
checkbook and make sure I have 'first dibs'.

Kathy Guest
finally in iris rapture
in East Aurora, NY