Re: Joe Pye Weed

  • Subject: Re: Joe Pye Weed
  • From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:41:02 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From: Irisborer@aol.com
>
> I got my very first iris catalog and what a treat it is!  Folks, I give you
> Joe Pye Weed's Garden.... in technicolor!

	Now, I guess I am the Lone Ranger for I have not received any iris
catalog this year.

 This catalog, which is usually a
> price list with vivid descriptions, is now proving those descriptions to be
> pale in comparison to the real thing.  Check out BANISH MISFORTUNE, which
> should find a snug home at the stately Guest Manor... right next to DANDY'S
> HORNPIPE.    The former has lavender standards with a creamy fall, deeply
> veined and the latter is a compelling and unique color they are calling
> "sunset" (a good description too).

	Kathy, you have whetted my appetite, but you have neglected to tell
us what kind of flags these are!  DANDY'S HORNPIPE makes me think of
hrump, well, a horned or flounced thang.  Say it isn't so!  Surely
not!!  How could they?
	I placed a rather hefty order with them last year, kinda late, and I
hope they remembered to add me to their mailing list for this year.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (from 82o yesterday afternoon to 25o tomorrow
morning)