Re: HYB: Coddling Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Coddling Seedlings
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:34:35 -0600

From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>

I do have a question here concerning coddling seedlings. What about all
those folks who plant their seeds outdoors?  The best germination I have
ever had came when I planted my seeds in concrete blocks.  Tom Burseen
starts all his this way.  He edges his beds with the blocks, fills them
with dirt (and I do mean dirt) and then waits for nature to do her
thing.  This sounded good to me so I tried it.  I watered them when I
remembered to and didn't worry much about it when I forgot.  It worked
better than anything else so far.  I did it by the book this year and we
will see how it works.  Keeping my fingers crossed but, so far nothing
has sprouted.
--
mailto:ddbro@llano.net
Dana Brown