Re: Cult: Sdlgs. Moving out of Region 7, etc.

  • Subject: Re: Cult: Sdlgs. Moving out of Region 7, etc.
  • From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:30:39 -0500

From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>

At 01:20 PM 2/14/99 +0000, you wrote:
>	And Tennessee (Region 7) is the only state that has the iris as the
>state flower!  Which iris?

Walter,
It's not that easy. We have four state songs, after all. The state flower
is usually portrayed as some form of a "blue" or purple iris. The
legislature wisely left the specific variety up to the individual grower.
After this year's football season, I suspect Tennessee Vol will be very
popular.

James Brooks
Jonesborough, TN
hirundo@tricon.net