Sources for British Iris

  • Subject: Sources for British Iris
  • From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:08:17 -0600 (CST)

From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@mb.sympatico.ca>

Afternoon all,

Checking in from the Canadian prairies on a balmy (for us anyhow) Monday
morning -14C.

Last spring I visited London in peak iris season.  It was amazing with all
the beautiful colors to behold.  Since I knew I couldn't bring any home with
me I furiously wrote down the names of any and all that caught my eye in
nurseries, public gardens, private gardens, etc. with a view to looking some
up when I got home.  Alas, it was not to be.  I couldn't find any of the
names in any of my Canadian or American catalogues.

So, this year I am going back again and hope to bring some for real rhizomes
home with me.  I have the Ag Canada people checking into requirements for me
and now am looking for any British iris sources I can contact in order to
make this possible.  Any UK members with any ideas from where iris can be
purchased and imported into Canada from England?  It was so disappointing to
see all these marvellous colors and not be able to bring them home!

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Barb

Barbara Jackson
jacksonb@mb.sympatico.ca