Re: HYB: Coddling Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Coddling Seedlings
  • From: IRISROT@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:07:03 EST

From: IRISROT@aol.com

In a message dated 2/14/99 6:44:56 PM Pacific Standard Time, ddbro@llano.net
writes:

>  From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
>
>  Jim,
>  	Yes please post this information.  I would be very interested in your
>  results.  I have never heard a theory that the size of the pot could
>  influence the size of the seedling.  Very interesting!

Dana,

I sure had my eyes opened with this test. If you can plant your iris in a
gallon pot and get 60-70 percent or more bloom the next year that in itself is
a major step. I will get my information together...I most likley will post
this in either two or three posts. I managed to do quiet a few crosses.
						Jim LOveland    Fenton, MO  zone 5