OT: Achimenes

  • Subject: OT: Achimenes
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:46:29 -0400

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

Send me a padded envelope containing an address label and sufficient
postage to get it back to you with an extra ounce, and I'll send you an
assortment of Achimenes tubers.  Achimenes are unsurpassed for planting in
shady containers and also for bedding out in shaded, moist spots where the
soil is highly organic.  If you're unfamiliar with these plants, look them
up in any container plant book or text on gesneriads.

They increase VERY rapidly and I hate to just toss them out.

If you feel like trading, I'm interested in any easy-to-grow orchid plants.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943